Junior/Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Huddly is growing, and we are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in changing the future of video meetings. If you are an ambitious, talented team player with a passion for designing parts for high-quality electronic products, we would love to hear from you.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Huddly, you will join our engineering team in defining, prototyping, and industrializing world-class team collaboration products and bringing them to a global market. You will also be collaborating with our suppliers on bringing our products out on the market.
What you will be working with
- Design and prototype mechanical parts according to strength, temperature, manufacturability, and standards
- Work together in cross-functional teams in defining and creating future products
- Create and maintain drawings and documentation for production
- Ensure and carry out testing and documentation of new product designs
- Follow up technical issues related to manufacturing and quality with our suppliers
- Keep BOM structures and product life-cycle management tools up to date
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience. Students graduating in 2022 are also welcome to apply
- Good mechanical engineering skills and knowledge about manufacturing methods
- Practical experience and certificate of apprenticeship is an advantage
- Understanding of injection molding, die-casting, extrusion, and machining
- Experience or understanding of creating mechanics for commercial electronic products
- Understanding design requirements of high-quality products for high volume manufacturing
- Experience with using 3D design tools, preferably Solidworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of optical and acoustic designs are a big plus
- Passion for developing high quality, state of the art product and willingness to learn new skills is more important than fulfilling every single point on the list above
- A flexible environment where there is plenty of freedom for you to tailor your own work situation
- An international and vibrant workplace. We appreciate skill, knowledge, and humor and encourage you to pursue your personal development
- A team composed of world-class hardware engineers, software developers, industrial designers, and machine learning experts working together on cutting-edge technology
- A culture of innovation. For example, two or three times a year, the team is given the freedom to spend a week prototyping a pet project
- A healthy work/life balance (not required, but strongly encouraged)
- Flexible work hours and a flexible work-from-home scheme
- An inclusive and diverse company. We welcome people from all walks of life. Our diversity is our strength, and our varied backgrounds and experiences give us a broader perspective. They are an essential part of being able to create great new products and experiences.
Huddly is a technology company that creates tools for team collaboration. Based in Oslo, Norway, we combine expertise across the fields of design, hardware, software, and artificial intelligence. The company’s smart cameras are designed to make it easier and better for people to communicate with each other. Huddly’s solutions with industry-leading partners enable high-quality video experiences on all major collaboration platforms.
This position is located at our office in Oslo. You will need to have a valid work permit for Norway.firstname.lastname@example.org