We are currently looking for an experienced Application and Embedded Software QA Engineer to join our Support team. We need someone who will strive to deliver the highest quality product to our partners and customers. You should also have a strong desire to streamline internal processes and lead continuous operational improvement on a day-to-day basis.
- Creating detailed and well-structured test plans and cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions
- Reviewing system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Identifying, recording, and documenting thoroughly and tracking bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaising with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitoring debugging process results
- Investigating the causes of non-conforming software
- Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar tasks
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Familiar with electronics/hardware.
- Demonstrated track record of being a results-driven project leader
- Good knowledge of different operating systems
- Positive “can do” attitude with a strong customer service mindset in relation to external and internal customers
- Critical eye for detail and a strive for qualitative end results
- Desire to expand skill set and find opportunities to contribute to Huddly’s success
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- An understanding of or strong interest in image, video and audio processing technologies
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
- Any additional relevant certificates is a plus
Workplace and culture
- A flexible environment where there is plenty of freedom for you to tailor your own work situation.
- An international and vibrant workplace. We appreciate skill, knowledge, and humor, and encourage you to pursue your personal development.
- A team composed of world-class hardware engineers, software developers, industrial designers, and Machine Learning experts working together on cutting-edge technology.
- A culture of innovation. For example, two or three times a year, the R&D team is given the freedom to spend a week prototyping a pet project.
- A healthy work/life balance (not required, but strongly encouraged)
- Flexible work hours, and a flexible work-from-home scheme
- An inclusive and diverse company; we welcome people from all walks of life. We believe that our diversity is our strength and that all of our different backgrounds and experiences give us a broader perspective and are an important part of creating great new products and experiences.
Founded in Oslo, Norway in 2013, Huddly builds tools for teams – powerful products and features that use AI to enable team collaboration. Huddly combines Scandinavian-designed hardware, software, and AI to create cameras that bring artificial intelligence into the meeting room.
This position is located in Oslo. You will need to have a valid work permit for Norway.firstname.lastname@example.org